/* */ Error 1406 installing Office Pro Plus 2010 |SQL Works

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Error 1406 installing Office Pro Plus 2010

After a recent computer upgrade I was faced with re-installing the Office 2010 Pro Plus suite, which I had the discs for and assumed would be a no brainer. Upon happily inserting the CD and expecting to hit 'GO' and grab a snickers I was suddenly faced with this:
Error 1406 cannot write the assembly value screenshot
ERROR 1406: Setup cannot write the value Assembly to the registry key

After some reading about how I did not have sufficient permissions to alter my registry, and knowing this was not true, I tried a theory and disabled my anti-virus software (AdAware AntiVirus free edition) and the installation worked without an issue. I have also read references to WebRoot SpySweeper blocking registry changes as well, so if you are facing this same problem, before you go changing registry permissions, try disabling your anti-virus software, it may just work. Don't forget to turn it back on...

If you found this useful, please hit the +1, it's free!

6 comments:

  1. I ran into this and tried your suggestion, without success. It looks like you have to edit the persmissions and/or owner of EVERY SINGLE registry key the setup tries to change - without knowing which ones these are.... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that, I didnt have that issue, I just disabled the antivirus software I had running and it worked

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. try the solution on this blog post.

    http://blog.appelgren.org/2012/04/25/trouble-with-installing-office-2010/

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this problme on AOL Not working on Android Error so click on link and read about aol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I request the writer to post more and more blogs like this as every single sentence is all about information and important details. This post

    says a lot about the topic.Export files from Family Tree Maker in a few steps | Yahoo mail is displaying incorrect name

    ReplyDelete